Grouping Age Example
The example below groups the results of the age column into a segment group. People with an age 13 and 18 (inclusive) are grouped as teenagers.
Update ages to group all between 13 and 18 into a Teen bucket.
Creating a Grouped Variable
- Select Group Data from the field drop down menu.
- You will now have a list of groups currently applied to the field, which you can click on to edit or delete, and an Add Group option to define a new group.
The grouping form on your menu will open will vary based on the type of column you are grouping. The different types of columns are numeric/date or text. The key fields for these are:
This is the text that will replace the value in the report based on the condition.
This is the condition in which the variable name will apply to if the value in the report meets the condition.
For more details see below.
The value in the report or number in which the operator is being applied to.
- Once these fields have been filled in you can add it to the grouping list by pressing Save. The grouping will appear in a list.
- To delete a grouping from the report simply click the delete button located next to the group name.
- To edit a grouping from the list, select the grouping by clicking the group name hyperlink. This will open the edit form where you can make your changes.
- When you have finished with the groupings press save and the report will refresh with the new groupings applied.
Note: groups cannot be defined for a field that has an aggregation applied to it. Remove any aggregation settings to make the Group Data option available.
Text Based Operators
One or more alphanumeric or string values
Not In List
Two or more alphanumeric or string values
Numeric Based Operators
Equal to a single alphanumeric or string value
Greater than a single alphanumeric or string value
Greater than or equal to
Greater than or equal to a single alphanumeric or string value
Less than a single alphanumeric or string value
Less than or equal to
Less than or equal to a single alphanumeric or string value
Not equal to or different from a single alphanumeric or string value
Between variable 1 and variable 2 these will need to be legitimate parameters such as date, age etc.
Not between variable 1 and variable 2 these will need to be legitimate parameters such as date, age etc.
Record contains no value for selected attribute. No Parameter can be set
Is Not Null
Record contains a value for selected attribute. No Parameter can be set
Records that contain the same letter or letters.
String starts with letter or letters
String end with letter or letters.