Waterfall charts are a special type of Floating Column Chart. A typical waterfall chart shows how an initial value is increased and decreased by a series of intermediate values, leading to a final value.
Chart Data Options
This is the category label for the X axis
Typically a numeric value such as $. An item that you want to measure on your Chart
Waterfall Chart Tutorial
In order to set up a Waterfall Chart you will need:
- Create a report with chart display
- Select a field to use as the Label
- Select a field to use as the Series
- Create your chart, selecting Special Purpose as the type, and Waterfall as the chart
- Provide the Label and Series options and Refresh
- Customise the Chart as required
- Close the Chart Builder
- Save your report
1. Click on the Create link and select Report to begin building your report.
2. You should now be on the Initialise Report page. Select the Drag and Drop Builder as the build tool.
3. Select Ski Team as the View.
4. Now click the button to proceed.
5. You should now be on the Step 1. Report Data page. To start with, set the Output Options to Chart Only by selecting it in the Report Options section on the right. This will ensure that the information appears as a chart.
6. Drag and drop the Month dimension and Invoiced (Pref Currency) metric into the Column Fields.
7. Click on at the top of the page.
8. On the Report Preview page click on the Pie Chart image as before.
9. Click on the Chart Menu and select Special Purpose as the Chart Type and Waterfall as the subtype (click on the picture on the right).
10. Click Save to load the options for a Waterfall Chart.
11. Set the Label to Month.
12. Select Sum Invoiced (Pref Currency) as the Series.
13. Click Refresh to generate your chart.
14. You should now have a chart that looks like this. You now need to Save and Activate your chart.
15. Click on the Close button to go back to the Report Preview page.
16. Click on the Save Menu and use Waterfall Tutorial as the Name.
17. Type This Waterfall Chart was created using the Charts Tutorial as the Description.
18. Enter Tutorial as the Category and Charts as the Sub Category.
19. Click Activate.