Security on the source connection record is used to set who has access to the source system. You have two options :
- Unsecure. This allows all users to access the source system for writing SQL queries or creating new views (in both cases the user must still have a role which grants them functional access to these actions) or
- Secure. By securing the source system you will control:
- Who can view or edit the source record
- Who has the ability to create new views against the source
- Who can write SQL or Jasper reports directly against the source
Securing the Connection.
- Once you have selected the ‘secure’ option from the connection details page the security management step will be displayed.
- You will need to search for which users or groups have access to the source. Click the search link and select the user or group required.
- Select the appropriate access level.
Note: at least one user must have DELETE access – else the source will be locked to all users for update purposes.Note: the above settings are overrided if a user has the Data Source Admin role permission enabled.
Allows users to see Views based on the Data Source in the Data Sources & Views page.
Edit & Update
Allows the user to Create, Edit, or Copy a Freehand SQL Report based on the Data Source.
Allows the user to Create, Edit, or Copy a View based on the Data Source.
Allows the user to Delete the Data Source Connection.
- Click the add button to add them to the access list. You can add as many users or groups as users to the list as appropriate.