Using Yellowfin you can use a BIRT XML report editor such as eclipse to create pixel perfect crystal style reports. This definition can be loaded into Yellowfin and use the infrastructure such as security and multicast for managing the report.
Why would I use a BIRT Report
A BIRT report may be used if you want:
- To create a production / banded style report such as an invoice.
- Create specific report layouts which are not otherwise catered for in Yellowfin.
Create BIRT Report
- Create your BIRT Report XML file using a 3rd party tool such as eclipse.
- Select ‘I want to create the report using BIRT Reports’ on the report initialisation page
- Select the data source that the Report will run from.
- Click the next button to continue to the report definition load.
- On the BIRT Report page you will be prompted to load your report definition file.
- At this stage you can make a comment about the file for future reference.
- On the right hand side navigation you can make selections for report broadcast and saving the report details.
- Click the browse button to search your file system for your BIRT report definition XML document.
- Click Confirm to Continue.
- On Confirm you will see the file definition displayed. This information is useful if you return to the report later for editing.
- If your XML includes links to images Yellowfin will prompt you to load these images in separately.
- Click the browse button to search for your images. Each image will have to be loaded separately.
- If you wish to edit or replace the XML file click the replace file checkbox. Add the new file in.