A report can be set up to have more than one broadcast schedule. This allows you to have different schedules and audiences for the same report. Once you have enabled Broadcasting you will be able to schedule reports for regular delivery from the Broadcast menu.
Note: your report must be active to define a broadcast schedule.
There are three delivery types available:
- Email Broadcast: this allows for report results to be sent to users via email
- FTP Schedule: this allows report results to be pushed out using FTP
- Subscription: this is the same as Email Broadcast, but is only sent to the user who created the subscription
In order to using the Broadcasting functionality in Yellowfin, you will need to ensure the following are enabled:
- An Administrator will need to enable Broadcasting on the Data Source Connection
- An Administrator will need to enable the Broadcasting Role Permissions for User Roles that require it
- The Report Writer will need to enable Broadcasting on the Report